Tuesday 22 May 2012

Tied Up With A Bow

Cynthia called again! This time her friend was turning 25. There would be a surprise party and my cake was gonna be a part of it!

So this time we worked with the idea of a beautiful gift wrapped up and tied with a bow.






Whilst I was forming the bow I was thinking about all the possibilities this design allows. Just by changing colour ways, it could be a Christmas cake (red and green with snowflakes), Halloween cake (black and orange with cats or pumpkins) or even Minnie Mouse cake (black cake with a red and white polka dot bow)! I could keep going...




On the inside: vanilla madeira with raspberry buttercream
On the outside: covering paste with modelling paste bow, twists and details. Floral wires in a posy pick with modelling paste heart "deely boppers" (not sure what to call them actually, but you know what I mean!)




Happy Birthday Anita!

***

No comments:

Post a Comment