Friday 13 April 2012

Liverpool FC Cake

It's a big weekend in football, so I have a couple of football related posts for you.



Firstly, I find football pretty boring, but I do love cake so I didn't mind making this! 

 I don't have a t'shirt shaped cake tin and I now realise that you don't need one either.
It's so easy to carve the cake into shape. So that's what I did. 




On the inside, it's a strawberry and vanilla madeira cake with vanilla buttercream.
On the outside I carved then covered the cake in red fondant (took ages to colour myself) and sparkles. 
Then I used modelling paste to mould the shield before piping with white royal icing. I love piping.

The great thing about this type of cake is - the possibilities are endless! 
It doesn't matter who you support or play for you can recreate the look. 
Change some colours, add a logo and hey presto!

So good luck Liverpool, a team I have been forced to watch on many occasions 
when it becomes obvious I can't get anyone to give me the remote. 


***

No comments:

Post a Comment